Guidelines for earning a letter and the opportunity to order a letter jacket are as follows:
- A letter is awarded after 2 years of participation in a particular sport, of which one must be varsity competition. This level of participation begins in the 9th grade and runs from grades 9-12.
- If participation is in the 9th and l0th grade year, a letter will be awarded at the conclusion of the 10th grade sports season.
- For participation beginning the 2nd year of high school, a letter will be awarded at the end of the student’s third year sport’s season in high school to be presented at the appropriate school’s sports banquet or awards night.
- For participation in a sport beginning in the third year, a letter will be awarded after qualifying during the sport’s season of the fourth year, which is the second year of participation in that sport. The letter would be presented at the appropriate school’s sports awards night.
- A senior who comes out for a sport, and stays the entire year, and remains loyal and faithful in his/her practice and program attendance, may earn a letter. That decision will be made through the Head Coach of the sport and the building level Athletic Director.
- If a student participates in a sport for one season and does not continue the next season, but re- enters a following year, the letter will be awarded after the completion of the qualifying time necessary for lettering for that sport’s season. EXAMPLE: A student participates in a sport as a freshman, does not go out as a sophomore, re-enters that same sport as a junior and plays varsity, the letter will be awarded at the end of that particular sports season, after having met lettering qualifications.
- The Head Coach will determine what he/she considers varsity competition and participation. It is also the responsibility of the head coach of each sport to compile and present the list of letterman’s candidates to the Athletic Director at the corresponding times reflected by the above lettering policy. For example, the Head Boys Soccer coach will present names to the Athletic Director of all boys’ soccer team members who have completed two years at the conclusion of their 2nd year within the sport, one of which must meet the criteria of varsity competition.
Ordering Instructions (after confirming eligibility above)
- Contact the Athletic Director (John Lambert 404-802-3051) or your Team Coach to obtain a Varsity letter.
- Visit Letterman Jacket vendor (Neffco) to order.
- Search for Grady High School by state or enter the School Password – 036573 to reach the Grady High School page.
- Letterman Jacket pricing includes:
- Name embroidered on the Right Chest.
- Graduation Year on the Left Sleeve.
- Grady ‘G’ with Knight Logo on the Right Sleeve.
- Please note, there is an additional fee to have the Grady Varsity letter sewn on the Letterman Jacket. There are two options:
- Mail the Varsity letter to Neffco to have the Varsity letter sewn on (for an additional fee) prior to shipping the jacket.
- After receipt of the jacket, have the Varsity letter sewn on at a local sewing service (e.g. Dry Cleaners, Alterations) or another local Letterman Jacket vendor.